Due to the global health crisis, tourism to Cambodia has vanished. This is devastating for people whose livelihood depends on tourism. Phare Ponleu Selpak school receives over half its annual budget from Phare Circus. The circus depends on visitors to Cambodia. The longer this continues, the harder it becomes for the circus to cover costs, pay salaries and support Phare Ponleu Selpak school.
In this post, we share with you the health and safety precautions that had been implemented before the eventual suspension of performances, and ways you can help us overcome this difficult time. The show must go on!
This post will be updated as things develop.
Health and safety are the top priority. Here are the precautions being taken at Phare Circus to assure the safety of all guests, staff and artists:
- The seating area in the big top is thoroughly cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before every performance.
- The rest rooms are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening and hourly during the operation.
- Surfaces around the venue that guests are likely to touch are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening.
- Staff and guest temperature is taken upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed throughout the venue.
- “Distancing” is used in the seating area to put as much space as possible between guests.
- Interaction with the artists after the show is discontinued until further notice.
Phare, The Cambodian Circus will be back when travel restrictions are lifted, even strong than ever with your support.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
There are many ways you can help make “Phare Circus Rising” a success and keep the artists on stage. Whether you’re in Siem Reap, planning to visit, or would just like to share your love for Phare, your support is needed to assure the special performances are sustainable.
Support the Circus Invite a Family
$10.00 – $1,000.00
Your contribution will provide show tickets to local families, putting smiles on faces of Cambodians facing challenging times. Keep the artists working while Phare navigates post-pandemic recovery. Support free education at Phare Ponleu Selpak non-profit school.
On behalf of the artists, staff, teachers and students of Phare Ponleu Selpak school and Phare, The Cambodian Circus, thank you for your support. With your help, the show WILL go on!