Due to the global health crisis, tourism to Cambodia has vanished. This is devastating for people whose livelihood depends on tourism. Phare Ponleu Selpak school receives over half its annual budget from Phare Circus. The circus depends on visitors to Cambodia. The longer this continues, the harder it becomes for the circus to cover costs, pay salaries and support Phare Ponleu Selpak school.
In this post, we share with you the health and safety precautions that had been implemented before the eventual suspension of performances, and ways you can help us overcome this difficult time. The show must go on!
This post will be updated as things develop.
Health and safety are the top priority. Here are the precautions being taken at Phare Circus to assure the safety of all guests, staff and artists:
- The seating area in the big top is thoroughly cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before every performance.
- The rest rooms are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening and hourly during the operation.
- Surfaces around the venue that guests are likely to touch are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening.
- Staff and guest temperature is taken upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed throughout the venue.
- “Distancing” is used in the seating area to put as much space as possible between guests.
- Interaction with the artists after the show is discontinued until further notice.
Phare, The Cambodian Circus will be back when travel restrictions are lifted, even strong than ever with your support.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
VISIT CAMBODIA (when travel resumes)
It’s a great time to visit Cambodia. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience Angkor temples and all the sights of Cambodia without the crowds. You will enjoy Cambodia at its best and help to provide much needed jobs. Be sure to include Phare Circus in your visit!
BECOME A PHARE CIRCUS LOVER
A Phare Circus Lover card is a great way to show support during these challenging times. The card also includes unlimited visits to any regular Phare Circus show in the Siem Reap big top. Validity date starts when entertainment venues here are permitted to re-open.
BUY A GIFT CARD
If you or anyone you know is considering travel to Cambodia within the next year, you can purchase a Phare Circus Gift Card. The 1-year validity limit is waived for any gift cards purchased in March – May 2020. They can be used any time and your purchase helps provide financial support to get through these challenging times.
MAKE A DONATION
You can also help by making a donation direct to Phare Ponleu Selpak school. Your donation directly supports over one thousand students who are empowered by our programs each year. Help community children break the cycle of poverty and contribute to the revival of the arts in Cambodia, support us in changing lives through the arts!
On behalf of the artists, staff, teachers and students of Phare Ponleu Selpak school and Phare, The Cambodian Circus, thank you for your support. With your help, the show WILL go on!