(Photo credit: SOK Kakada from New Hope Cambodia Photo Club)
Phare Circus is back…again!
It’s been a roller coaster of a year….. The government closed entertainment venues on 17 March as a precaution to prevent COVID. There was no known community spread for several months and entertainment venues were allowed to re-open at the beginning of August. Unfortunately, there were cases a couple months later and entertainment venues were ordered closed once again. Well, we’re back! Phare Circus has resumed performances at our iconic big top in Siem Reap and at Factory Phnom Penh (limited engagement).
We’re glad you asked! The Season of Phare Circus Rising is much more than just the circus performance. It’s a full evening of entertainment and activities for the whole family.
- Siem Reap’s favorite local chefs from Asian Street Food – Cambodia offer their special menus with items starting at $1.
- Happy Hour specials from 5pm to 6:30pm.
- Phare’s costume manager will help you try on traditional Cambodian clothes and circus costumes for you to take photos.
- Students from Music for Everyone School sing and play acoustic guitar
- The incomparable women of Medha raise the energy up a few notches with their drum performance
Phare Circus Full Evening Experience:
Reserve your tickets!
- Staff and guest temperature along with contact tracing info taken upon arrival
- Masks required for staff and guests throughout the venue
- The seating area in the big top is thoroughly cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before every performance.
- The rest rooms are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening and hourly during the operation.
- Surfaces around the venue that guests are likely to touch are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed throughout the venue.
- on arrival by marked spaces during queuing
- in the big top with alternating empty rows and cushions spaced farther apart.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Invite a Family to the Circus
$10.00 – $1,000.00
Your contribution will provide show tickets to local families and sustain Phare Circus until tourism resumes. Put smiles back on faces of Cambodians facing difficult times. The show must go on!
Invite a family to Phare Circus.
Your contribution will provide show tickets to local families and keep the artists working until tourism resumes. Put smiles back on faces of Cambodians facing difficult times. The show must go on!
Since 2013, Phare Circus became Siem Reap's top-rated entertainment. The artists performed nightly in a circus big top filled to capacity. This came to a screeching halt in March 2020. The COVID pandemic closed borders and tourism evaporated. Entertainment venues were ordered closed for health and safety. The artists weren't able to perform since 17 March 2020. The circus has no income. Providing a stipend to the artists during the pandemic is at risk.
Phare Circus has resumed weekend performances to put the artists back to work, boost morale, support the community and revive hope for brighter days. Domestic demand is not strong enough to support the costs, so this fundraising campaign was launched to make up the difference.
This campaign is absolutely essential to keep the weekend performances going until international tourism resumes. Your support is greatly appreciated.