WE NEED YOU!
Looking for a new and rewarding experience? Want to work for a social enterprise? Want to be a part of the revival of arts in Cambodia? Well here’s your chance!
Phare, Performing Social is offering an internship starting February 2015. The position will be assistant coordinator of the Tini Tinou International Circus Festival from February until May, and then from mid-May to August you will be focusing more on the day-to-day activities of Phare, The Cambodian Circus.
The Tini Tinou International Circus festival brings artists from around the world to Cambodia to take part in a collaborative and celebratory sharing of art. The locals of Cambodia get the chance to experience different types of circus art, as well as the artists themselves learning from one-another.
We need you to help coordinate the organisation of Tini Tinou, including;
- Assisting for the creation of the schedule for the festival
- Facilitating International troupes and host workshops during the festival
- Communication and street marketing in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang
- Manage the volunteers teams
- Work in collaboration with the Operation Manager of the different venues
- Local and international press relations
Phare Performing Social Enterprise (PPSE) is a pioneering social enterprise in Cambodia that creates, produces and disseminates live shows and other cultural products in Cambodia and abroad. PPSE artists come from disadvantaged backgrounds and have benefited from the training provided by the Phare Ponleu Selpak Association which has been active in Cambodia for 20 years.
PPSE sees artistic creativity as a strategic asset for the development of a flourishing society and a vibrant economy. It creates high-quality jobs, secures tourism benefits for the benefit of the local population, strengthens the Cambodian cultural identity and improves access to education for young people in difficult social and economic situations.
With this secondary position you will be working on many different projects driven by PPSE. This will include:
- Contributing to the collection and analysis of data for social impact evaluation
- Help with the organisation of Board of Directors meetings
- Produce documents for investors, the press, and general public in collaboration with the communication team
- Reach out to bloggers and write articles
- And much more…
This internship will be a fun and interesting experience with a lot of opportunities for coordination between different partners, strong communication development, organization and project management. It’s also an opportunity to get an insight on the workings of a young and dynamic social business in the field of arts for human development.
For more information on the position and skills needed, download and read this PDF
Read more about Phare’s Social Missions
Check the Join Us page occasionally for updates on job opportunities.